Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Raw Edges, Quilts of Love Series by Sandra D. Bricker

Sandra D Bricker

For more than a decade author, Sandra D. Bricker lived in Los Angeles. While working as a screenwriting, personal assistant and publicist to some of daytime television's biggest stars. When her mother became ill, like a Godly daughter she dropped everything and moved across the counrty to become her Caregiver.



Sandra is the real McCoy. She is an ovarian cancer survivor dedicating her life and work to raising awareness and funds for ovarian cancer research. Not only is she generous with her time but she also donates a portion of her proceeds from her Summerside Press devotionals to the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund. 
 
Raw Edges



Grayson McDonough has no use for teal ribbons, 5k runs, or ovarian cancer support groups now that his beautiful wife Jenna is gone. But their nine-year-old daughter Sadie seems to need the connection. When Annabelle Curtis, the beautiful cancer survivor organizing the memory quilt project for the Ovacome support group, begins to bring out the silly and fun side of his precious daughter again, Gray must set aside his own grief to support the healing of Sadie’s young heart. But is there hope for Gray’s heart too along the way?

 

My review of Raw Edges


A brilliant story about the loss cancer causes. In preparation of her final days Jenna McDonough writes a journal for her daughter Sadie. This treasure is full of words to give peace, inspiration and love, a keepsake that will be treasured forever. Her husband Gary faithfully reads it to her. After the passing of her mother, Sadie and her father receive an invitation to attend an ovarian cancer support group meeting. Gary goes with her because he knows it may help. There they meet a great group of ladies preparing to make a memory quilt. By attending, Gary got more than he could have imagined. There he meets Annabelle Curtis, a cancer survivor, organizing the memory quilt project for the Ovacome support group. Somehow she gets both him and Sadie involved in the project. This story gives hope to the grieving. The author Sandra Bricker will have you laughing out loud, crying and smiling throughout the whole book. I especially loved the journal and the scripture it had, I thought this was a wonderful gift to leave behind for our loved ones. The death of a loved one is hard enough, but to me is even harder when you leave behind young children. This book touches on many painful and joyful things we experience with loss, feelings of grief, raising children as a single parent, moving on in life, and dating. As cancer touches many of our lives this book will give hope and inspiration to the hurting. I highly recommend this book. Sandra D. Bricker touched some tough subjects with sensitivity, grace and integrity. To think a book on such a hard subject could have a blessedly happy ending.
 
 
I was able to ask Sandra D. Bricker a few questions. The first one was, how has God worked in your life lately? She told me, "I'm in the process of another upheaval in my life at the leading of the Holy Spirit. Like all those years ago when I felt the call to leave L.A. and move to Florida to care for my mom, a few months ago I got a similar call on my heart to leave Florida and move back to Ohio. I'm a lot older now (and a lot more tired!), so picking up my life and moving it again is NOT something I'm excited about. But at the end of the tunnel, I know that if He called me to it, there's a light awaiting." I love the answer she gave when she was asked how does God use her as a writer? "I hope in any way He chooses! But I've been blessed to meet and hear from so many people who have found my books to be just what they needed at just the time they needed it. Even if that's just a laugh in a moment when they don't think they can, or a message that speaks to their heart... I really believe that scripture that says a merry heart does good like medicine, and my greatest heart's desire is to fulfill that purpose."
 
Sandra D. Bricker is the author of the Another Emma Rae Creations series Always the Baker, Never the Bride. She has also written If the Shoe Fits , Be Still...and Let Your Nail Polish Dry, Delight Yourself in the Lord...Even on Bad Hair Days. If you are a fan of Christian fiction and humor these are the books for you. Sandra Bricker will have you laughing out loud.

www.sandradbricker.com
www.abingdonpress.com
www.quiltsoflovebooks.com
www.ovacome.org
www.christianbook.com
www.deepershopping.com

No comments:

Post a Comment