Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Raw Edges by Sandra D. Bricker Link Along: Post #5


Welcome to blog post # 5 in the Link Along Party. I hope and pray you have discovered some great information about Raw Edges by Sandra D. Bricker, that you fall in love with these fantastic characters and go on to enter to win a signed copy of the book. Take to heart the information you are receiving about ovarian cancer so you know what signs to watch for. Annabelle Curtis is portrayed as a woman of courage. Not only did she beat cancer but she fought some tough battles and can out a stronger, better person. Read a little about Annabelle here and in RAW EDGES, I know you will admire her courage as much as I did.

Annabelle Curtis

 Raw Edges Quilts of Love Series


Sandra D. Bricker





Annabelle Curtis loves her beloved Florida Aquarium where she is employed. She is a member of the Ovacome support group. Ovacome is much more than just a support group. They are crucial in helping raise public awareness of ovarian cancer. Through awareness, education and support, Ovacome gives hope to the thousands of women affected and advocates for better testing and treatment. Annabelle became a member of the group in her Dark Days—a term she used to describe the five months and six days between the initial diagnosis at the young age of thirty-four and the day that her oncologist broke out the long-awaited “cancer-free” stamp of approval. A complete hysterectomy may have ended her chances of becoming pregnant but not her dream of being a mom. She met Gray and his daughter Sadie at a special meeting for the memory quilt project at Ovacome. Right from the beginning sparks were flying. Gray noticed her blonde curls and green eyes. She made note of his salt-and-pepper hair and his striking blue eyes. As progress was made on the quilt their feeling for one another grew. Annabelle had a special place in her heart for both Gray and Sadie.



Man's Best Friend as a Healer



According to an article on The Mayo Clinic website man’s best friend can be a healer. Scientific research shows that pets can also make us healthy, or healthier. Animal-assisted therapy is a growing field that uses dogs or other animals to help people recover from or better cope with health problems, such as heart disease, cancer and mental health disorders. I am a firm believer that having a pet makes me a happier person. I feel every person going through a life changing illness should have a furry friend to help them through the rough spots. Because I adore animals and know the comfort and enjoyment I find as pet owner I asked Sandra D. Bricker if she could share a few things about Sophie, her beloved dog. She said this, “Sophie is a strawberry blond collie mix who started out pretty tragically in life. I had just lost my 16-year-old sheepdog (Caleb) to bone cancer, and I was in no way ready to give my heart to another dog. But Sophie needed a home, and I guess God knew I needed a roommate. It took us a little while to warm up to our situation, but you sure wouldn't know it now. She's my best bud, and I don't like to even imagine my life without her in it.”



Expected Release Date: September 17, 2013
Pre-Order Your Copy:
Amazon,
Barnes & Noble, 
CBD,
 Deepershopping
To find out more information on Sandra D. Bricker and her book, check out the following web sites.
www.sandradbricker.com
www.abingdonpress.com
www.quiltsoflovebooks.com
www.ovacome.org



No comments:

Post a Comment