Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Women Living Well, Finding Your Joy in God, Your Man, Your Kids, and Your Home by Courtney Joseph


Publisher's Description:

"Women Living Well" will take readers to the word of God as it practically helps them navigate their

as  walk with Christ in the areas of marriage, parenting and homemaking.

Living well in this modern world is a challenge. Economic pressures, shifting mores, kids' activities, 

social media, smart phones--the landscape of our lives has changed just from one decade to the next.

At the same time, our fundamental needs have not changed. Our husbands, our children, our souls

still thirst for fulfillment. How do we match our families' age-old needs to the new challenges of

twenty-first-century life?

Mommy-blogger Courtney Joseph is a cheerful realist. She tackles this critical question head on,
 
starting with the keys to protecting our walk with God "even with toddlers in the home "
 
Her practical approach includes tons of tips that are perfect for busy moms, including:
  • A Busy Mom's Guide to Meditating on Scripture
  • Marriage and Media Landmines
  • Handling Disappointment with Your Husband's Spiritual Leadership
There is nothing more important than fostering your faith, building your marriage, training your

children, and creating a haven for your family. "Women Living Well" is a clear and personal guide to

 making the most of these precious responsibilities.

My review: 5 Star

I had the honor of receiving an copy of this great book, from the author of a blog I follow and a group

 I take part in. Courtney Joseph founded the blog, WomenLivingWell.org in 2008 and the went on to

create Good Morning Girls.Org.. Good morning Girls exists to inspire, encourage and equip women

all over the world to get into God’s Word through an online communities. Bible studies, resources

and videos were created for women to use free of charge. In my opinion her book Women Living

Well, Finding Your Joy in God, Your Man, Your Kids, and Your Home is the child born from both

sites. In this book she shows Christians women, wives and mothers how to live the life Christ created

us to live. You will find a combination of parenting advice, marriage advice and Bible study all rolled

 into one. She shows how today’s women are faced with many challenges of being so busy that we

often push aside the most important. Courtney will give you the guidance to live like a Proverbs 31

women described in the Bible. Her ideas and advice is easy to follow and tailor to your own needs.

This book will give you the encouragement to live in a Biblical way following Christ, expressing

yourself, honoring your husband and walking with the King. This is a great book to help each of us

live well as wives, mothers and women. I especially loved how she backed everything she taught

with scripture. In each chapter you will find a how to, how to respect your husband, how to change

the atmosphere of your home, how to use peace-filled words, how do we get the eagerness of the

Proverbs 31 woman, and one of my favorites the how to of bubble bath basics. I would like to thank

the author Courtney Joseph for taking the step of faith and writing this book. 
I thougt I would share a few excerpts from the book:
Happily Ever After     
The days of dreaming of being a princess are long gone. I certainly found my Prince Charming, but

my tiara came tumbling off when I realized marriage was hard work. Without the Word of God and

the Holy Spirit’s help, I’m not sure we would have made it very long! My husband and I have read

countless books on marriage and have pursued building a strong marriage. As a result, my marriage

far exceeds anything I could have ever dreamed. My tall, dark, handsome husband still lights my fire

when he smiles at me! I have no fear for our future because following God’s Word is a safeguard to

our marriage. We will surely fall on hard times again and again, but together we can weather the

storms life brings as we walk with the King.

The Great I AM
Have we forgotten the power of the “I”—not the iPad, iPhone, or iPod—but of the Great I AM? Jesus
said:

 • "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall 
 never thrist" John 6:35"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness,
but will have the light  of life." John 8:12

"I am the door. If anyonne enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture."

John 10:9 
 
"I  am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." John 10:11   • "I am
the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live." John

 11:25
"I am the way, ad the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6
"I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it ia that bears much
fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing” John 15:5

Bubble Bath Basics 

An awesome bubble bath takes planning, so here’s what you need:

1. Privacy—all children asleep and husband aware that you don’t want to be interrupted

2. Hot water and loads of bubbles—preferably ones that smell yummy!

3. S ome soft classical music

4. A hand towel rolled up as a pillow

5. A cold drink to set beside the tub

6. Your Bible, a good Christian book, or simply quietness— reflecting on your day and talking with

God in prayer

Optional: a lit candle


No comments:

Post a Comment