Sunday, September 1, 2013

7 Months are too short

I have struggled with whether to share this or not and finally decided to share in hopes something I say may help someone else. In my option God shows us His mercy and love in many ways. Many times we question Him, why did this happen or why me. We may never know the answer to that question this side of heaven. I can not imagine what life would be like if not for God’s love and mercy. Today I want to share with you one of the greatest days of my life and the hardest trial I have ever endured. On October 21, 2008, my 2nd grandchild was born. Resse David Morgan was perfect; his smile could light up the room. 7 short months later God called him home. Reese David Morgan died in a tragic accident. He died as a result of a defect in the drop down-side rail on his crib. A space was created between the rail and the mattress, causing him to become stuck and he suffocated. Before the government would put a stop to the madness, 9 babies would die from similar accidents, Liam Johns from California, Emrys Taylor, from, Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Courtney Sue Barr, from, NY, Carter Michael Pack, from, Summersville, West Virginia, Edward Millwood, from, Woodstock, Georgia, Serenity Bergey, from, West Palm Beach, Florida, Royale Arceneaux, from, Houston, Texas, and Ariele Allison, from Princeton, Kentucky. 110 would have accidents because the drop-side detached, 15 infants were entrapped and 20 other children were reported injured when they fell from the cribs.

In God's word Roman's 8:28 it say’s “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” I had many questions for our Heavenly Father. I wanted to know why and how he was going to use this good. The death of a child or anyone can not be good. But you see God had bigger plans. His word told me in Jeremiah 29:11 that, “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” God would have to show me how He could use this for His good. In order for me to move forward He would have to help me to understand. for cribs. Drop down side cribs can no longer be manufactured. They can't be sold new, resold at consignment stores or yard sales or even donated. This brought a greater awareness to the safety of baby products sold. Jesus is with us every step of the way just like Issaiah 42:2 said, “When you pass through deep waters, I will be with you; your troubles will not overwhelm you. When you pass through fire, you will not be burned; the hard trials that come will not hurt you.” I don’t think there is a bigger or harder trial I can go through. In the 3 ½ years since Reese went home I have learned many things with Christ’s help. I have learned to trust God, not what I have here or what I see. Life is a treasure that is only temporary. My security is found in heaven, not here on earth, I have learned to accept what happens and not be resentful of pain, hurts, loss and persecution because God is with me. It’s not always easy but because I trust God and know that my treasure is found in heaven I can deal with anything that comes my way. You see I have a choice I can choose to be angry with God, the manufacture of the crib or I can choose to accept what happen, learn from it and move on. If I choose to be angry I live in misery, unhappy with myself and everyone else. If I choose to trust that God had a purpose and used it for his good then I am free to be happy, I have joy and hope. By no means am I saying I am happy Reese died. I have grieved, hurt and cried. What I am saying is my time here on Earth is short, I plan to spend eternity with Christ. The way I react to problem and pain here affects my quality of life here and it could affect others. I try to live my life in a way that honors God that shows love, kindness, and joy to others. A way that might encourage someone else to turn to Christ. A way that gives hope to a hurting soul. I am no where near to being perfect, I am a sinner and make tons of mistakes. I hope I have said something here to give you hope, peace and help you trust our Father in heaven.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment