Thursday, September 12, 2013

Sin

We are all human, and will sin. Christ tells us it is serious business when we do. When we sin we alone are responsible for our actions and our words. It is not the fault of the guy who pulled in front of me that I cursed. Nor is it hubby’s fault we stayed out to late and could not wake up for church. It is my fault, mine alone. The word of God tells us that it would be better to die than lead someone else into sin. We are told to be very careful and to watch ourselves. If our brother, sister or neighbor sins we are too gently and lovingly correct him and forgive him. Forgive others as often as needed, seventy times seventy or more. Just as we should be held accountable for our actions and to each other we are called to forgive each other.

I challenge you today to look around and pray for someone. Pray for the driver that cut you off. The customer in line in front or behind you.

Prayer: Father in heaven I ask you to forgive me my sins. Help me to think about my actions and how they affect others. I want to be held accountable for the wrongs I commit, allow me to be gently corrected. I love you Father and thank you for forgiving me.


No comments:

Post a Comment