Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Is satan doing the happy dance

 1 Corinthians 15:55-58  “Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?” 56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 58 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

 

 At the cross, can you see Satan doing the happy dance. He must have been celebrating, giving high five’s to all those around him. But his victory was short lived. God turned what looked like a victory for Satan into defeat when Jesus rose from the dead. You see death is no longer a source of dread or fear. Christ overcame it and one day you will too. The law of the Old Testament that makes us sinners because we fail to keep it no longer holds us bound. Jesus paid the debt for that. He defeated death, we have hope beyond the grave.

Prayer: Father in heaven how it must have hurt You to see Your Son suffer so. Thank You for allowing it to save me. Father I am a frail sinner but Jesus is everything I need. At any given moment He gives me strength, shelter from the storm, courage to face the day, inspiration to rise above anything that comes my way. He enables me to go forth, carries me on His wings of love so that I can make any adventure you have in store for me. I love you and pray in Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment