Wednesday, August 7, 2019

God's not mad at you.



God's not mad at you. 

   I had someone ask me why God was mad at them, after much thought God taught me a lesson that I desperately needed to hear. He’s not, nor is he punishing you or me. God’s punishment was completely done when Jesus took our punishment on the cross. Bad things happen to good people. Hardships and trials are part of life for everyone, good or bad, Christian or not. If something terrible happens in your life it doesn’t mean that God is punishing you. The perfect example is the story of Job. Job was a righteous man, he was blameless and upright, he was a devout believer and yet still God allowed Satan to put him through incredible pain, loss and suffering. Through it all God never once explained why. By the end, Job’s one response was to trust God. When suffering go humbly before God, trusting that he knows what he’s doing. Jeremiah 29:11 tells us, “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

   God has not forgotten us; he does not hate you; he has not hidden himself from you. Not all suffering is our fault. It can be from the sin of others. He is with us while we walk the hard road. God loves you. He cares for you. The Bible says, “I loved you with an everlasting love”, Jeremiah 31:3

   Remember you are beautiful; you are worthy and you deserve an amazing life. This will pass. It will be okay and if not, it’s not the end. The best is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment