Thursday, June 6, 2013

Find Freedom in Christ

Galatians 5:1 “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.”
 
Christ died to set us free from sin and a long list of laws. Christ came to set us free. Not to free us to do whatever we want because that would lead us back into slavery to our selfish desires. Now thanks to Christ we are free to do what was impossible before, to live unselfishly. Through Christ a new relationship with God has been created. When we are guided by our relationship with God, we follow the way of righteousness not because we have to but because we want to. And that is where the freedom comes in; the law has no bearing on our actions. As believers we allow ourselves to be guided by the Holy Spirit, evidence of our freedom appears in our lives as the fruit of the spirit (Galatians 5:22-25).
 
 Prayer: Thank you Christ for Your great scarf ice on the cross just for me. You paid a debt I could not. A debt You did not owe. You gave it all so that I could have it all. You forgave me my sins and washed me white as snow. I don’t know where I would be, without You. When my burden is heavy You are their to carry me. When my problems overwhelm me You are their to lead me. My life has meaning because you cared for a sinner like me. Oh Lord how do I thank you, I praise you, and I love you. I pray to You Jehovah, Yahweh, Jireh, Shammah, and the only true God.

No comments:

Post a Comment